12058Re: [MedievalSawdust] Reaction wood? (was: early period turned cup)

  • Brian Starke
    Dec 20, 2009
      Eucalyptus always twists as it dries.  Because eucalyptus grows very fast, in California there are large woods of eucalyptus planted for the purpose of making railroad ties.  Unfortunately, when the trees were cut the resulting ties twisted so badly that they were useless.  So the eucalyptus trees were abandoned where they grew.

      So my brother-in-law told me, and I will continue to believe him until someone gives me contrary information.
      Geoffrey Featherstonehaugh
      known in the modern world as Brian E. Starke

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic