11867RE: [MedievalSawdust] Regalia Chest for a Knight?

  • James Winkler
    Sep 8, 2009

       I don't know how largey your're thinking of going... but you might look to some of the relequaries as a source of inspiration.  Modify some of the iconongraphy on them and... voila'... nifty showcase for the regalia...

      ... just a thought...
      Chas.

      Greetings, all,

      A friend was recently elevated to knighthood in the SCA, and a couple more may be within a year or two. I was trying to think of an appropriate gift to commemorate the event, and thought of making a chest or box to keep their regalia - spurs, chain, belt, etc. The box wouldn't need to be that big, but I'd like it to have separate spaces for each item (a pair of spurs being an item).

      Any thoughts on design? Chests or boxes I might modify for my purpose?
      I appreciate any ideas you might offer.

      Bayard

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic