11420Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: "Nazi" - Insulting in the extreme

  • leaking pen
    May 3, 2009
      What? Both groups believe in a very strong moral code, with laws that
      match, and a heavily governed and controled social situation. I was
      not trying to be insulting, but merely give a modern comparison to
      that segment of the philosophy of the Nazi party. If we were talking
      about social welfare, I'd point out that the Nazi parties views on
      such were very similar to the current Democratic party, in that they
      believed in a "safety net" for those too old or infirm to work, and
      several minimums of standard including a minimum wage and profit caps
      on industries.

      On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 11:29 PM, quailriver <quailriver@...> wrote:

      >>Other than being athiest in general, the Nazi party was very similar
      >>to the fundamentalist Christian arm of the Republican party in that
      >>regard.
      >
      > Wow, that remark is really sickly twisted!
      >
      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> The Nazi party was a world wide fascist movement that favored strong
      >> govermental control of society, and a very stringent moral requirement
      >> that people follow. There was a very large Nazi party here in the us.
      >> Other than being athiest in general, the Nazi party was very similar
      >> to the fundamentalist Christian arm of the Republican party in that
      >> regard. ONE BRANCH of the Nazi Party, the one in Germany that elected
      >> Adolph Hitler as their party candidate to the German presidential
      >> election, which he then won, then went largely anti-semetic and went
      >> on a rampage throughout Europe, which pretty much killed the party, in
      >> name at least, else where in the world. But teh word Nazi was used to
      >> mean , for lack of a better term, anal about something, long before
      >> world war 2. it is NOT a comparison to Hitler or anti-semetism, but to
      >> FASCISM, which, in this case, isn't too far off. Very stringent rules,
      >> forced following of the most stringent application of the rules, no
      >> exceptions? sounds about right.
      >>
      >> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Jeff Johnson <jljonsn@...> wrote:
      >> >

      >> > I wish people would refrain from casually throwing out the term
      >> > "Authenticity Nazi". It's highly offensive for anyone to be compared to
      >> > mass-murdering fascists.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic