1124Re: [medievalsawdust] SCA A&S Assistance please

  • kjworz@comcast.net
    Nov 3, 2003
      Splitting Maul period? Heck, the AXE you are using, chances are, is a 19th C design. But let's assume you have broad-axe, broad-hatchet, and goose-wing axe in hand.

      All period references I have seen split logs with a glut and commander for big stuff, and froe for small things. And these references are late period, though. Does this mean there was no splitting maul equivalent at the time? No. My gut says that the splitting maul is an out-of-period invention.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic