10390Re: Looking for catapult plans

  • Arqai Ne'urin
    Jul 14, 2008
      It should be mentioned that trebuchets in miniature do not "scale up" well to full sized. The physics involved can be VERY different. With that said, I've built three different model trebuchets, one "hinged counterweight" and two traction. I've built only one traction treb full sized and it's still in trials. All are my own design. The counterweight model wins contests, usually handily (marshmallow "peep", 34 feet), so has been retired. If you'd like plans for any or all, contact me off list.

      Arqai

      > 2a. Re: catapults and trebuchets
      > Posted by: "kirkdrago" kith@...
      > kirkdrago
      > Date: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:54 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Thanks,
      > I just ordered both the catapult and trebuchet plans.
      >
      > KirkD

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic