Work

  • j_djames
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2003
      This list is so quiet that I forgot I was on it. I came to
      yahoogroups to edit out my too many lists and here you all were. I
      joined almost a year ago and this is my first post.

      We are nineteen, here on this list, so that means nineteen
      works-in-progress, right? Are you all still writing? My WIP is a
      novel that takes plae in 1307-8 in Cyprus, France, and England. In a
      time when the only way to God is through the Church, a man is
      excommuniated for belonging to a military Order falsely accused of
      heresy. He makes his way home after many years abroad to find his land
      stolen, his family dead, and his own future uncertain. Or something
      like that. I really do have log-line written on my laptop upstairs.
      I just can't remember it exactly.

      So far I have about 97K, first draft done, halfway through second
      draft. WHy on the world I chose this story for my first novel I'll
      never know. SO much research, so much SOUL-searching to create a
      story that is as gut-wrenching for the reader as it is for the writer.
      Please tell me about your WIPs and how things are going.

      In Commiseration, Jill
    • remo514
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
        Hi
        I'm writing a book about late 1500's 1582-1600's. I need to know how
        the English spoke at that time. Do they use old english or modern
        english, is there something I can read that has that time period?
        Since the main charactor is from England I need a minimal
        understanding of how they spoke, but most of the book will take place
        in Korea and Japan.
        I'm really leaning towards modern english. I even thought of having
        a narrator tell the tale and that way use modern english. In a
        nutshell my book is Braveheart meets Shogun. Any suggestions?
        Remo

        --- In medievalnovelwritersguild@yahoogroups.com, "j_djames"