IS ANYONE ACTUALLY IN THIS GROUP?

  • baboo977
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2002
      Is this just a farce? I actually thought that there might be some
      people honestly interested in this subject. I have posted 3 times
      with not one response. Come on folks, get your heads out of your
      citterns and type an email.....I emplore you!
    • star2fire
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2002
        I haven't been coming since Yahoo switched to the groups. I don't
        really like the format. Anyway, sorry I have missed talking with
        you... I do enjoy med/ren music, and like to talk about it with
        people who are into it... that's how I learn.
        Denise
        --- In medievalandrenaissancemusic@y..., "baboo977" <mcnarron@c...>
        wrote:
        > Is this just a farce? I actually thought that there might be some
        > people honestly interested in this subject. I have posted 3 times
        > with not one response. Come on folks, get your heads out of your
        > citterns and type an email.....I emplore you!
      • rebcamuse
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2002
          Ok. I have a question. Does anyone out there have some thoughts about
          the Council of Trent and its impact on musical settings of the Mass?
          My dissertation deals with Vatican II and its impact on settings of
          the Mass in the United States, but I am interested in the Tridentine
          connection.

          Also, if anyone ever worked with Alejandro Planchart, I am sad to
          report he is retiring this year (although I use the term "retire"
          loosely). The Cappella Cordina will be giving its final concert on
          June 2nd in Santa Barbara. It is an all Praetorius concert (so, not
          quite Medieval or Renaissance :-). We had a lovely conference here in
          honor of AP, with papers delivered by Richard Sherr and H. Colin Slim.

          If you have any thoughts you would like to convey to Doctor
          Planchart, please feel free to contact me privately if you cannot
          otherwise contact him.