Orlando di Lasso

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
      Hi all! I've been a member of this group for a little while and this
      is my 1st post.
      I sing in a Renaissance ensemble and we sing a lot of Lasso's motets.
      The thing is that we don't exactly know much about how to sing them. I
      would be extremely grateful if somebody gave some advice on vocal
      technique, meaning (especially nr. 106 "Fallax Gratia"), etc. Maybe
      someone knows some useful websites?
      Thanks!
      Liz
    • kilpatrickbill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
        ciao elizabeth -

        have a look on google groups:

        http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.early?lnk=lr

        waspish bunch but knowledgeable. nota bene: do NOT mention my name.

        regards - bill

        --- In medievalandrenaissancemusic@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <lizok05@...> wrote:

        > Hi all! I've been a member of this group for a little while and this
        > is my 1st post.
        > I sing in a Renaissance ensemble and we sing a lot of Lasso's motets.
        > The thing is that we don't exactly know much about how to sing them. I
        > would be extremely grateful if somebody gave some advice on vocal
        > technique, meaning (especially nr. 106 "Fallax Gratia"), etc. Maybe
        > someone knows some useful websites?
        > Thanks!
        > Liz

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
          Thanks, Bill!
          That really is one useful place!
          I wasn't going to mention your name anyway, but now am curious -
          what did you do there so your name is unspeakable? LOL
          Regards,
          Liz
          --- In medievalandrenaissancemusic@yahoogroups.com, kilpatrickbill
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > ciao elizabeth -
          >
          > have a look on google groups:
          >
          > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.early?lnk=lr
          >
          > waspish bunch but knowledgeable. nota bene: do NOT mention my
          name.

          > regards - bill
          >
          > --- In medievalandrenaissancemusic@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
          <lizok05@> wrote:

          > > Hi all! I've been a member of this group for a little while and
          this
          > > is my 1st post.
          > > I sing in a Renaissance ensemble and we sing a lot of Lasso's
          motets.
          > > The thing is that we don't exactly know much about how to sing
          them. I
          > > would be extremely grateful if somebody gave some advice on
          vocal
          > > technique, meaning (especially nr. 106 "Fallax Gratia"), etc.
          Maybe
          > > someone knows some useful websites?
          > > Thanks!
          > > Liz

        • kilpatrickbill
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
            ciao elizabeth -

            the short answer would be that i'm suspicious of "experts" - academics in particular and
            the long answer would be that my primary, early music interest is "folk" music - how and
            with what did ordinary people - peasants - entertain themselves during the medieval,
            renaissance and early baroque periods.

            i'm sure it was my tone but subscribers to the list found this idea preposterous -
            concensus being that "folks" didn't and couldn't perform music.

            tante auguri for your "orlando di lasso" piece - bill