New member/Tallis aniversary

  • Phil Stapert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2005
      Dear group members,

      I just found this group. I sing both bass and countertenor and play
      recorder. I grew up in the world of early music since my dad is a
      professor of music history and an early music enthusiast.

      My project this summer was to organize a small choir to celebrate the
      Tallis aniversary. We are a group of 12 singers at this point who love
      renaissance music. We rehearsed weekly through the summer and have
      sung in a couple of churches. Now we are meeting monthly just to keep
      the group together, since most of us are busy with other choirs. I
      also sing in the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys.

      I'm curious what others in this group are doing to celebrate the Tallis
      aniversary.

      Regards,

      Phil Stapert
      Grand Rapids, Michigan