[Fwd: [SCA-AS] Stefan's Florilegium files for January]

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2005
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: [SCA-AS] Stefan's Florilegium files for January
      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:45:06 -0600
      From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous@...>
      To: Outlands maillist (via Mirhaxa) <mirhaxa@...>,
      SCA-Arts-Sciences maillist <artssciences@...>,
      Outlands Chroniclers maillist Outlands <chroniclers@...>,
      Lochac maillist (via Mari) <paxford@...>, Meridies maillist (via
      Kestrel) <kestrel@...>, Middlebridge (via Kahlen)
      <KAHLENROSE@...>, Middlebridge (via Ranvaig) <ranvaig@...>
      CC: Mark S. Harris <stefanlirous@...>

      Greetings to the Populace of the Known World,

      Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for January, detailing what is
      new in the Florilegium for this month.

      I am always looking for new, useful or interesting info for the
      Florilegium. This includes message or message threads from public mail
      lists. There are literally, hundreds of SCA oriented mail lists out
      there. I can only read a few of them. Please forward anything you think
      would be of interest to others not on a list you are on. I will happily
      give credit to the sender as well as the original poster unless the
      former wishes to remain anonymous.

      I am also looking for volunteers to help me update the files in the
      Florilegium. One of the reasons that information can take months or
      more to get into the Florilegium is the amount of work required to edit
      and update the files. Additional help would reduce this time.

      Thanks and a Happy New Year to All,

      Stefan
      ------------
      A Blending of the Past and Present

      Over the past fifteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
      collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
      lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
      this information available to others, I have placed this information in
      a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

      I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
      that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
      for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

      I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
      me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
      editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
      details.

      For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
      another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of
      the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
      overhead costs of keeping the site running.

      THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org

      One of my prime concerns currently is to update all files to the new
      format which includes several new features such as making links
      "pickable" and some disguising of all email addresses to make it
      harder for the spammer's programs to harvest email addresses from this
      site. Yes, I am modifying all 1800+ files as fast as I can. This means
      that while I will continue to add new files each month, the usual
      amount will be reduced. However, as I update the files to the new
      format, I am adding any information I have waiting to go in a file, so
      there will be more updated files

      Here are the new files for this month:

      In the COMBAT section:
      p-handgonnes-lnks Links medieval handgonnes, and related
      weapons by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
      Wel-Rnded-Ftr-art "The Well Rounded Fighter" by H.E. Brian du Val.
      In the PERSONAL CARE section:
      p-medicine-lnks Links to info on medieval illnesses
      by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
      In the RELIGION section:
      med-charity-lnks Links to medieval charity by Dame Aoife Finn
      of Ynos Mon.

      Here are just a some of the updated files, usually those with the
      largest amounts of new material:
      bread-msg Medieval breads and grains.
      breadmaking-msg Period bread recipes and re-creations.
      dogs-msg Dogs. Barding for dogs. dog collars.
      flour-msg Types of flour. Sources. Period flour.
      grains-msg Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
      livestock-msg Medieval livestock. Pigs, cattle, sheep.
      pancakes-msg Period pancakes and pancake-like foods.
      porridges-msg Period porridges and gruels.
      puddings-msg Medieval puddings. Recipes. Custards.
      wafers-msg Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.
      ---
      Copyright 2004, Mark S. Harris.
      Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
      the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
      publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

      <end>
      --------
      Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas
      StefanliRous@...