[medieval-leather] RE: Scabbards

  • Helen Leaf
    Message 1 of 65 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi James,

      In London there's a place called LAARC, which is the archive store for the
      Museum of London. They have a vast collection, and you can contact them to
      arrange to visit certain artefacts in advance. Maybe you could check what
      scabbards they have?

      http://mol.nethostinguk.com/laarc/index2.html

      It's a short walk away from Old Street tube station (on the Northern Line,
      'Bank' branch) so is fairly easy to get to. If there are any scabbards in
      the Museum of London, they are usually able to be 'visited' too, by prior
      arrangement

      Let us know how you get on!

      Helen

      > Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:04:31 +0800
      > From: James Derrick <mhx@...>
      >Subject: Scabbards
      >

      >I was wondering if anyone could recommend some museums in London which
      >would have exhibits particularly of mediaeval sword scabbards -
      >(although other mediaeval leatherwork would also be interesting)
      >
      >Thanks
      >
      >James Derrick
    • Helen Leaf
      Message 65 of 65 , Oct 31, 2004