Goat Hide

  • Isak010@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      The ticker the better. It is going to be sewn through the edge for turning.
      So I would think 6-7oz would work. What The Leather Factory and Tandy carry is
      about 2-3oz at best.

      Thanks
      MIchael Walden

      Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:49:52 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Scott Szakonyi <thorsman99@...>
      Subject: Re: Looking for Goat Hide

      Hi Michael,

      Can you tell me how heavy you need it to be?

      Scott

      Isak010@... wrote:
      Hello Everyone,

      Does anyone know where I can get some thick vegetable tanned goat skin. I
      am
      working on a pair of Viking turn shoes and they used goat. By the way the
      goat hide at The Leather Factory is to thin for this.

      Michael Walden

    • TarbhLW@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        Michael,

        I've used the veg tanned goat from The Lather Factory with great success -
        even though it may be "thin" it (like live goats) is very tough stuff. If you
        work carefuly and with the proper tools you should be able to produce very
        serviceable footwear. I have a pair of the Anglo-Danish footwear that I have
        been wearing off and on for over three years and they are still going strong -
        though the sole is wearing out the stiching is still holding very well.

        Uilliam, OL - Caid