Looking for Opinons

  • Isak010@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 6:52 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      OK, I have never been one to put lots of my work online, but I have three
      items on ebay at the moment. I am asking anyone has the time to take a look and
      let me know what you think.
      They are "Wrap Belt with Oak Leaf Design", "Viking Long Belt", and "Anglo
      Saxon Bauldric".

      Thanks

      Michael Walden

      Darkcraft's Wandering Mercantile
      Pennsic Merchant Booth #56
      Isak010@...

    • Jonathan Getty
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 2:42 PM
        Michael-

        This is very nice work. I especially like the design and coloring on
        the anglo-saxon belt (very authentic and atypical for SCA leatherwork),
        and the fittings on the viking and saxon belts. The limited research
        I've done indicates that you might add silver/bronze fittings along the
        length of the belt... I hope you can sell these for enough to be worth
        your time. I gave up trying to sell handcut and and beveled knotwork
        after realizing it would never pay minimum wage. I just do gifts and
        barter now (best to trade for someone else's undervalued time :) )

        Jon/Todde

        --
        Dr Jonathan Getty
        beans@...

        "He that would catch fish must venture his bait." - Ben Franklin
      • Varju@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 8:55 PM
          Really nice work. I like the range of colors you've used, and the tooling
          looks great. I think of all of them I like the bauldric the best. I hope you
          get some good bids on them.

          Noemi