Pictures of some of my leatherwork

  • Morgan Firecloud
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      You can view pictures of some of my leather armour, a waist cincher,
      choker, and bracers at …… http://photos.yahoo.com/jfirecloud

      The lower lames of the torso is 2 layers of "water" hardened 10-12oz,
      the upper torso, shoulders, and tassets are 13-15oz. Elbow and Knee
      cops are likewise 13-15oz, the lames are 12-14,and the vambrace,
      rarebrace, and cuisse are 13-15oz. the armour was a custom piece at
      the customer's request. The suit was only mildly detailed, no
      stamping only a double edge crease around the borders. It's made of
      nearly 200 individual pieces of leather. 300 hours went into it from
      pattern to wear. All pieces are sealed in the back/front for
      waterproofing, edge dressed, in all I definitely earned the $2500 I
      was paid to do it. I will be starting on a churburgh segmented, a
      peascod, and a char aina breast plate soon. (Just moved across
      country and haven't unpacked shop yet).
      The waist cincher, bracers, and choker are made of 8-9oz, hand
      stamped. All leather is Coldwell-Moser veg tan grade 1. Let me know
      what you think…..

      Morgan Firecloud
      Leathersmythe
    • Adam Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
        Wow, that's an impressive piece of armour! I hope you had a press for doing those rivets ;).

        Fine work!

        cheers,
        Adam

        Sword in the Stone Crafts -- handcrafted leather costumes, accessories and props
        http://home.ica.net/~spike/sword/film/index.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004

          >You can view pictures of some of my leather armour, a waist cincher,
          >choker, and bracers at ...... http://photos.yahoo.com/jfirecloud
          >
          ><snippage>
          >
          >Morgan Firecloud
          >Leathersmythe

          Hiya Bro! Know that I'm going to be studying these Very Carefully. Sir
          Lasarian Eireannach Aemrythorne of Eildon Hall, a name you might
          remember, is coming over tonight and working on a new set of leather
          armour for his Big Comeback. If you are free this evening you would be
          most welcome. I have some duplicate tools to donate to you, including a
          hardly-used head knife and a size 0 grommet setter.

          The head knife that I actually use is one of the common Leather Factory
          ones, which I had cut down to my size by Master Oso, both the handle and
          the blade, then sharpened to a fare-thee-well. Whoa, what a difference a
          fitted tool makes!

          Yrs. in Svc.
          Selene Colfox
        • Morgan Firecloud
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004
            2ton arbor press, to be exact .....major work saver... good call!

            --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Smith" <spike@i...>
            wrote:
            > Wow, that's an impressive piece of armour! I hope you had a press
            for doing those rivets ;).

            > Fine work!
            >
            > cheers,
            > Adam
            >
            > Sword in the Stone Crafts -- handcrafted leather costumes,
            accessories and props
            > http://home.ica.net/~spike/sword/film/index.html

            Service.