A Note From The Medieval Leather Research List Administrator

  • Gregory G. Stapleton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004
      Greetings Everyone!

      A belated Happy Holidays! to each of you and wishes for a great New
      Year!

      For those of you who don't know me, I'm the founder and long time
      absent Administrator of this list. I won't weary you with the
      reasons for my absence, other than to say that helping to start up a
      new company and some personal losses of family and friends (James,
      my late, lamented and sorely missed co-administrator being only one
      of those) totally consumed all of my physical, mental and emotional
      energy and time last year. If you want to know the gory
      details, feel free to ask by dropping me a private message and
      I'll post you privately, off-line, so as not to clutter up the
      list.

      Now, on to what I hope is the good stuff! I'll once again be
      actively monitoring and participating in the list. I'm deeply
      thrilled and humbled by both the number of subscribers and the
      amount of traffic that the list has maintained in my absence. You
      have been doing fantastic. "Vivat!" to each and every one of
      you!

      I've already started cleaning up icky stuff that has appeared in
      my absence. I've gotten rid of several links, files and messages
      of a pornographic nature that have nothing whatsoever to do with
      this list. I've also banned the addresses of said perpetrators.
      If anyone happens to know of any message numbers in particular that
      you think need to be removed, please email my PRIVATELY (so as not
      to clutter the list) at the following e-addy:
      gregsta@...

      If anyone is having any problems with the list (changing settings,
      unsubscribing, etc.), has concerns (regarding content, scope, list
      members, etc) or needs help with something list or research related,
      please don't hesitate to send me a missive.

      In closing, I wish each and every one of you a bright, medieval
      leather filled new year! May your projects come out perfect the
      first time and may each be a great learning experience.
      Remember, "Research is the key."

      "`nuff said!" to quote Stan Lee,

      Gregory G. Stapleton
      List Administrator