Quivers, etc

  • taigyo2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Wow, looks like the first message of the month. Does anyone have a
      good source of patterns for archery gear like bracers, tabs, gloves
      and quivers?
    • scompton20@charter.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Try Osprey's English Longbowman, 1330-1515

        Art MacOrm

        ---
      • Neil Carr
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          taigyo2003 wrote:
           Wow, looks like the first message of the month. Does anyone have a
          good source of patterns for archery gear like bracers, tabs, gloves
          and quivers?
          Well, since you're on this list, I'd think you'd want some sort of period reconstruction rather than anything earlier (Did they use back quivers in the MA? I only recall side quivers in illum's, but I've only seen a fraction of what's out there)
          Here's a link to a good (SCA) article by Master Johannes the Black on an italian quiver, very different in style from those back quivers:
          http://www.meridies.org/as/dmir/Arms&Armor/02/0215.html

          --
          Neil Carr

        • Anna Troy
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            --- Neil Carr <neil@...> wrote:
            > taigyo2003 wrote:
            >
            > > Wow, looks like the first message of the month.
            > Does anyone have a
            > > good source of patterns for archery gear like
            > bracers, tabs, gloves
            > > and quivers?

            Where and when are we talking about?

            Anna T

            =====
            "So many books, so little time."

            "Anna's Crafts Links Page" has MOVED AGAIN to:
            http://www21.brinkster.com/annascrafts

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree