Re: [medieval-leather] hog bristles?

  • Leather Work
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
      Steve..   If you cant find em.. you might also try modern.. yah I know.. Doll making needles.. long and you can bend em to do quite a bit.  I usually blunt the pointy end just a bit.

      Charles
      Scrap Maker
      List Owner .. leatherwork@yahoogroups.com

      steve mitchell <alastairdeappin@...> wrote:
      Anyone got a source for hog bristles for shoe making?  Thanks.

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • robertpkenyon@cs.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        I just got this source from a friend, but haven't tried them yet.

        CLEVELAND LEATHER
        2627 Lorain Avenue
        Cleveland OH 44113
        216-651-5404
        please direct Boar Bristle inquires to Herb

        6.5" long, $3.95/pack of 2 dozen

        -Wulfric

        >   Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:33:10 -0000
        >   From: "steve mitchell" <alastairdeappin@...>
        >Subject: hog bristles?
        >
        >Anyone got a source for hog bristles for shoe making?  Thanks.

      • steve mitchell
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
          Thanks. I'll try them tomorrow and post my results.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
            I just got off the phone and have bristles on the way. Thanks
            everyone.

            --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, "steve mitchell"
            <alastairdeappin@y...> wrote:
            > Thanks. I'll try them tomorrow and post my results.
            >
            > --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, robertpkenyon@c... wrote:
            > > I just got this source from a friend, but haven't tried them yet.
            > >
            > > CLEVELAND LEATHER
            > > 2627 Lorain Avenue
            > > Cleveland OH 44113
            > > 216-651-5404
            > > please direct Boar Bristle inquires to Herb
            > >
            > > 6.5" long, $3.95/pack of 2 dozen
            > >
            > > -Wulfric
            > >
            > > >   Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:33:10 -0000
            > > >   From: "steve mitchell" <alastairdeappin@y...>
            > > >Subject: hog bristles?
            > > >
            > > >Anyone got a source for hog bristles for shoe making?  Thanks.

          • Arthur Kathan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
              If a pack is only $3.95, what was shipping?
              --Corin/Arthur