[medieval-leather]Re: Local Leather - UK

  • Helen Leaf
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 5:45 AM
      Hi Dave,

      possibly this is the same as you met at Tewkesbury, but Keith Lyon from from
      Northampton would be a good place for all types of leather - much experience
      with reenactors, and he's usually at Leaminton Spa (was Oxford) and Cressing
      Temple reenactors markets. Good prices, good knowledge.

      hope that helps
      Helen

      > Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:19:41 -0000
      > From: "Heritage Matters" <Herimats@...>

      >Can I tap your local knowledge please. So what are the secret magic
      >sources
      >for leather supplies hereabout? I am getting mine from Newcastle, although
      >I did get the business cards of people from Northeampton when at
      >Tewkesbury.
      >I have heard of Bowstock but they dont list prices online.
      >Dave

      > Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:37:30 +0100
      > From: "Ken Whapples" <grumpybrummie@...>

      >A good source for both tools and Leather is Hooper's in Walsall. (Search
      >engines can't always find them). They have a wide choice of leather and
      >tools as well as thread and a limited supply of lorinery stuff too. I was
      >shown around the tannery once too. Smelly, but very interesting.
      >Ken

      > Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:11:21 +0100
      > From: "Ken Whapples" <grumpybrummie@...>
      >Subject: Local Leather
      >
      >Hi again Dave,
      >Edward Price is the name of the Leather part of Hooper's Saddlery. The name
      >hit me as I got to Lidl's !
      >Hope this helps,
      >Ken

    • Heritage Matters
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8 3:09 AM
        Thanks to Ken i shall be trotting over to Hoopers pdq.
        Helen. I think this might be the one whose card I got--if I can find it. He
        had some great shoe leathers
        Thanks