Re: [medieval-leather] RE:: Anglo-Saxon Leatherwork

    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2003
      At 11:04 PM 5/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
      Thanks! Never heard of steel bristles before, are they
      just extra long and flexible needles or...?

      Through happenstance I described these type of needles to a good friend who happens to be an Operating Room nurse.  Apparently this type of needle has been used for fine suturing for some time (20+ years or so).  So this type of needle may have been a medical handmedown.  When they open a package for surgery (they come in packs of 5) the leftovers are no longer sterile and are considered trash.  She's going to get me a few, and I'll see if they match what I've seen for leatherwork.  If so, it may be a valuable resource.