Re: [medieval-leather] Bellows

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
      At 11:16 PM 4/28/03 -0400, Phlip wrote:

      In the mean time, can anyone tell me what type and weight of leather might
      have been used in period for the same purpose? I'm currently working through
      the Pyrotechnica and De Re Metallica, but most of the information is on the
      processes, rather than the actual construction of the equipment.

      Probably the best for the job would be 4-5 oz oil tan or oil/veg  or oil/chrom combo (easier to find).  They sometimes sell it as "blacksmith" leather.  It's what I made my casting apron from.