Re: [medieval-leather] Oiling Leather

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2003
      At 06:34 AM 4/4/03 -0600, Liana wrote:
      Ron Charlotte said, in response to me:

      <deletia>
      >The dogs' fondness for neatsfoot is not too surprising
      >either.  It's made by rendering and purifying the fat
      >from the bones and hooves of various cattle.

      Oh, I knew that, I just find it interesting/amusing how
      much better their noses are than ours.  And a little
      aggravating when I have two fuzzy heads trying to help
      :)

      I understand, I've got a little Russian Blue cat with a fondness for things like beef, (she will walk away from chicken...), and she will wander off with freshly oiled pieces if I don't watch her.

    • Frojel Gotlandica
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5, 2003
        Sigh, and you guys think you have problems???? Try arguing with 90 Kilos of rottweiler when he decides the belt or tack is his. LOL.
        Sandy

        <deletia>
        >The dogs' fondness for neatsfoot is not too surprising
        >either. It's made by rendering and purifying the fat
        >from the bones and hooves of various cattle.

        Oh, I knew that, I just find it interesting/amusing how
        much better their noses are than ours. And a little
        aggravating when I have two fuzzy heads trying to help
        :)

        I understand, I've got a little Russian Blue cat with a fondness for things like beef, (she will walk away from chicken...), and she will wander off with freshly oiled pieces if I don't watch her.

        Fr�jel Gotlandica Viking Re-enactment Society.
        http://www.frojel.com/
        frojel@...
      • Liana M. Winsauer
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2003
          Frojel Gotlandica wrote:
          > Sigh, and you guys think you have problems???? Try arguing with 90 Kilos
          > of rottweiler when he decides the belt or tack is his. LOL

          The Huskies shed white or black or red or cream (or all 4)
          depending on which will show up most when the hair gets
          into the lacing or stitching. :)

          At least they've mostly learned not to walk across a side
          when its spread out on the living room floor....

          Liana Winsauer
          otterwinsauer@...
          Winsauer's Otter Necessities
          www.otternecessities.com
        • Michael Sheldon
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 6, 2003
            >At least they've mostly learned not to walk across a side
            >when its spread out on the living room floor....

            Hehe, I wish I could convice my eldest greyhound to not do that. She just
            walks across whatever I'v got laid out, and gives me a big sloppy kiss. She
            knows she's daddy's little girl. :)

            Michael J. Sheldon
            http://www.desertraven.com/
            Make a fast friend, adopt a greyhound!