Donations for Finnr Memorial Service

  • Gorm of Berra
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003
      As you all know, Finnr Grimulfsson was a Laurel in leatherworking in the
      SCA, and one of the co-moderators of this list, who passed away a week
      ago suddenly.

      Finnr had minimal life insurance, and the usual American Way of Life
      level of indebtedness. Although it appears there has been enough money
      to pay for the funeral, there are still many outstanding bills which
      will need settling.

      The people of Atlantia have been generous with their purses, but it is
      still short.

      At Atlantian Coronation (April 5th, in North Carolina), There is going
      to be a White Elephant sale held. All proceeds will be donated directly
      to Karen Howell, his widow.

      My wife, Rhiannon of Berra, is coordinating this effort. Already she
      has promises from many artisans covering a wide variety of crafts, but
      more is always welcome.

      I am hoping that some, or even many, of the folks on this list will be
      willing to donate items for sale there. These donations would *not* be
      Tax-Deductible, but it is a small thing to do to honor his memory.

      If anyone is interested, please contact me offlist
      (gormofberra@...) to work out details of how to get the items
      where they will be needed. The donator will be allowed to set a price
      for the item, and if it does not sell, it will be returned, or otherwise
      disposed of as per the donators request.

      Thank you for your time. If you wish to cross-post this information to
      other lists that would be likely to be interested, feel free. All I ask
      is that you do NOT crosspost this to any Atlantian specific lists, as
      Rhiannon is posting other messages to them already, and I do not wish to
      innundate them with copies of this.

      IN grieving service,
      Gorm of Berra
      Caer Mear, Atlantia