Scrap use? (now and in period..)

  • Bill Schongar
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 24, 2003
      So due to some mircale I was cleaning out the workshop area of my basement,
      and realized I have lots of scraps. Besides pouches, bookmarks,
      reinforcement for clock button holes, etc do people have any favorite use
      for their scrap? Most of it is about 6oz chrome tanned, so not a lot of
      tooling scraps or garment-weight to make patchworks, etc..

      I've read some about grinding it up and using it as a fill for raised work,
      but I'm trying to figure out where else (or to who) it might be useful..

      Since they likely wouldn't want to waste a lot of tanned material in period,
      does anyone have any kind of references as to what they did? Were there
      patchwork items recorded? Did they chop it into fill for padding? Did they
      make a souffle? ; )

      Any thoughts on either would be much appreciated..

      -Liam
    • Adam Smith
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 6 5:52 AM
        Not yet; they're on order. Keeping you in mind though...

        Adam