Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Tanning a cow hide (long)

  • Anna Troy
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 2, 2003
      Well uhm, the only book we had was the one I mentioned
      by Lotta Rahme and some scribbled notes that have
      dissapeard.

      Anna T
      --- "Marc Carlson <marccarlson20@...>"
      <marccarlson20@...> wrote:
      > --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, Anna Troy
      > <owly3@y...> wrote:
      > > Let me tell you about tanning a cow hide. It's not
      > > that hard but it takes time and its' smelly...
      >
      > You didn't happen to save any of the information on
      > how to do this,
      > did you? I have a friend who wants to start pit
      > tanning leather (I
      > think he's nuts, but if he can do it, I'll use it).
      >
      > Curiously, studies with bogs and test pigs show that
      > bog bodies can be
      > tanned in as little as three months, after which
      > they don't change all
      > that much...
      >
      > Marc
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      "So many books, so little time."

      "Anna's Crafts Links Page" has MOVED to:
      http://www.angelfire.com/retro/crafts

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Anna Troy
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 10, 2003
        What were the pros/cons of making it on a last? and
        does the shoe fit better/worse?

        Anna T

        http://shopping.yahoo.com