The Soveraigne Season

  • peterofmarin <mister_peter@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      Most gracious Soueraigne,
      To one whose state is raised over all,
      Whose face doth oft, the bravest sort enchant,
      Whose mind is such, as wisest minds appall,
      Who in one selfe these diuerse gifts can plant;
      How dare I wretch seeke there my woes to rest,
      Where eares be burnt, eyes dazled, harts opprest?

      Your State is great, your greatnesse is our shield,
      Your face hurts oft, but still it doth delight,
      Your mind is wise, your wisdome makes you mild,
      Such planted gifts enrich even beggers sight:
      So dare I wretch my bashfull feare subdue,
      And feede mine eares, mine eyes, my hart in you.

      ---Sir Philip Sidney

      Happy New Year All!

      -Peter

      http://www.renaissancegoods.com