Re: [medieval-leather] Here's Something new...

  • Neil Carr
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13 12:55 AM
      "Gregory G. Stapleton" wrote:
       I bought one like it at York several years ago and have made several like it over the years for event prizes. :)  They've been around for a while.  I doubt anything like it was made in period.  It has that Victorian Medievalness about it.  It does look good though. :)

      Gregory G. Stapleton

      I agree about the probable Victorian origin, but would *dearly* love to be proved wrong by anyone who knows more about the MR finds. I have 2 I (well, the missus, actually) picked up in Shrewesbury, so I imagine it's the sort of thing that pops up at the tourist board shops in any vaguely medieval-associated town (Chester, York, Canterbury...)
      Thomas/Neil
      Ah..I miss the good old days when childrens films were designed to scare them into submission instead of sell action figures.
              --Poster on SDMB