Historical saddle seminar in London?

  • Bill Schongar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2002
      Hey Folks,

      This just got forwarded to me on another list. By any chance is anyone
      going to go? I'd love to get some notes or pictures from this.. I'll
      also contact them to see if it's going to be videotaped or otherwise
      documented...

      -Liam

      >> Date: 3 Sep 2002
      >> From: Barbara Wills <bwills@...>
      >> Subject: Seminar on history of equestrian saddles
      >>
      >> Archaeological Leather Group Meeting
      >> Saddlers Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2V 6BR
      >> Oct 23, 2002
      >>
      >> The Archaeological Leather Group is holding a One-Day Seminar
      >> called 'In the Saddle', exploring the history and evolution of >> >> equestrian saddles in Europe. Subjects range from Roman, through
      >> Anglo-Saxon to Medieval and Stuart period saddles. Presentations
      >> on the development and history of the side-saddle, and the
      >> construction of the modern riding-saddle follow. The
      >> remarkable conservation of a 1549 saddle, now belonging to the
      >> Wallace Collection, will also be described.
      > > If any further details required, please contact Mike Glasson
      > > leathermuseum@...
    • michelle ostuni
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2002
        That's the day I return from London. I hate it when they schedule to avoid me!!!! ;-)

        Shajar
        --

        On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:35:48
        Bill Schongar wrote:
        >Hey Folks,
        >
        > This just got forwarded to me on another list. By any chance is anyone
        >going to go? I'd love to get some notes or pictures from this.. I'll
        >also contact them to see if it's going to be videotaped or otherwise
        >documented...
        >
        >-Liam
        >
        >>> Date: 3 Sep 2002
        >>> From: Barbara Wills <bwills@...>
        >>> Subject: Seminar on history of equestrian saddles
        >>>
        >>> Archaeological Leather Group Meeting
        >>> Saddlers Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2V 6BR
        >>> Oct 23, 2002
        >>>
        >>> The Archaeological Leather Group is holding a One-Day Seminar
        >>> called 'In the Saddle', exploring the history and evolution of >> >> equestrian saddles in Europe. Subjects range from Roman, through
        >>> Anglo-Saxon to Medieval and Stuart period saddles. Presentations
        >>> on the development and history of the side-saddle, and the
        >>> construction of the modern riding-saddle follow. The
        >>> remarkable conservation of a 1549 saddle, now belonging to the
        >>> Wallace Collection, will also be described.
        >> > If any further details required, please contact Mike Glasson
        >> > leathermuseum@...

        Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
        http://mail.lycos.com