Re: red veg tan

    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 9, 2002
      Just out of curiousity - anyone remember that they dyed "Cordwain" (a
      reddish leather) with?

    • Sharon Smith Hurlburt
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 14, 2002
        At 04:12 PM 4/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >Just out of curiousity - anyone remember that they dyed "Cordwain" (a
        >reddish leather) with?
        >
        >Marc

        Would that be the stuff the dyed with actual Ox blood? (leading to the
        modern dye of that color)

        Sharon/Morwenna,
        who's finding that today seems to be the day for discussions like this
        (after explaining what Haggis was to table of people earlier, which lead to
        a discussion of offal foods)

        "Why must we pray screaming? Why must not death be redefined?"
        -Patti Smith, "Dancing Barefoot"

        I know we can never be truly safe, so I would rather be free.

        "Gonads are perfectly good for their use, but they are no substitute for
        brains"
        -heard on FM-96 out of London