RE: [medieval-leather] Digest Number 474

  • Grooby, Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2002
      > >Mine is untreated leather as well, about 10 oz. The largest problem
      > >I've had is that the vervelle holes stretch over time. A thick
      > >enough, or maybe stiff enough, leather will minimize this.
      >
      > I need to make one of these this weekend, does anyone have some close up
      > detail pictures of how they did it?
      >
      > I was going to to it with thinner leather folded over the camaille and
      > stitched through. The problem I'm having is that the cmmaile is too big
      > around for the helm and getting to to compress evenly around it's diameter
      > onto the leather strap is proving extremely tricky.

      How about removing a section of the mail? Shouldn't be too time
      consuming, just two strips from the neck out to the edge and then just do it
      back up again.

      Vitale

      This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential. If
      you receive it in error: (i) you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
      it; (ii) please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then
      delete the emails. Views expressed in this email may not be those of the
      Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited