RE: [medieval-leather] Medireview glue

  • Alan Andrist
    Message 1 of 81 , Jan 6, 2002
      Boiled hooves, horn scraps and hide - maybe a little blood. Cook until thick
      and the hide has mostly disappeared and the glue is the the thickness of
      Elmers carpenter's glue. Use hot. -- the original hot glue. Can be reheated
      and the glued parts can be separated. It was reputed to be an unattended
      glue pot that caused the great Seattle fire in the early 1900's.

      Called hide glue, it is available today in ready made form for making and
      repairing musical instruments. Saves all that stinking mess - in more ways
      than one.

      Alan Andrist

      Message 81 of 81 , Jan 13, 2002
        Amen!

        --- The_redman@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/12/02 3:11:24 AM, syrrichard@... writes:
        >
        > >I remember this tale...
        > > Life in the Middle Ages was so hard that the human race simply
        > died
        > >out.
        >
        > Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely descended from
        > aliens.
        >
        > Duryn/John

        =====
        I Live to Serve