Re: [medieval-leather] Awls

    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 1, 2002
      >From: Ron Charlotte <ronch2@...>
      >Actually, I base my statements on the use of diamond piercing awls on the
      >statements of the experts who wrote the text of the reports. Skepticism is
      >well and find, but one sometimes has to _hope_ that the scientists are
      >going to report with a reasonable degree of objective accuracy.

      Do you remember where in the text it said diamond shaped awls? Having just
      gone back through the text, I couldn't find such a mention for shoes. OTOH,
      it's entirely possible that I missed it.

      >I actually get more out of the technical writing in those "Medieval Finds"
      >books than I do from the pictures.

      Absolutely.

    • Anna Troy
      Message 56 of 56 , Apr 4, 2002
        I'm in heaven. Received my copy of "Stepping Through
        Time" by Olaf Goubitz. What a book! Thank you, thank
        you Melanie Wilson for making it available :-).

        Anna T

        =====
        "So many books, so little time."

        "Anna's Crafts Links Page" has MOVED to:
        http://www.angelfire.com/retro/crafts

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/