Jester Shoes on coat of arms

  • Silvia Hillebrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
      Hi!

      I don't know to what extent you guys would be able to help me, but I'll give
      it a shot anyway. I would like to put jester shoes on my coat of arms (all
      the other parts of it I have figured out) and would just like to know,
      firstly, if they were present during the 13th century and, if, whether or
      not they were put on arms in Germany/ Austria.

      Silvia
    • The_redman@compuserve.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
        Ok, I'll bite - just what are "jester shoes"? Since I am often reviled for my
        "witty" comments, would that make my footware jester shoes, too?

        Duryn/John
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
          At 02:30 AM 12/1/00 -0500, John wrote:
          >>Ok, I'll bite - just what are "jester shoes"? Since I am often reviled for my
          >>"witty" comments, would that make my footware jester shoes, too?

          I assume that she's referring to the longish toes, folly bells, little spiky top edge,
          folded down as a collar (all of which are medieval) -- oh, and weird colors..

          Sylvia, I assume you are talking about an SCA coat of arms. Your best bet is
          to register a "shoe" -- how you draw it is artistic licence. And a "shoe" is a
          perfectly correct medieval heraldic device.