New Book

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2000
      I just had this new book sent to me to check over, and I thought I'd share
      it with you all. The only drawback to this book is its price, which is about
      $150.

      Hmm? Oh, yes. Sorry. The Book is _The Archaeology of Medieval
      Bookbinding_, by J. A. Szirmai, Aldershot and Vermont: Ashgate Pub., 1999
      (and since it's actually still of some legitimate worth at this point, the ISBN is
      0859679047).

      It's gorgeous, with lots of clear illustrations. It traces the evolution of the book
      from the Codex to about the end of the 16th century.

      Marc
    • Sharon Burrows
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2000
        Greetings Marc Carlson

        After months of research, and waiting, I too, have recently
        received my copy of this book. I am totally fascinated, and have been
        making Coptic, Ethiopian, Nag Hammadi, Anglo Saxon and Charlemagne, as well
        as Monastic and Gothic books, for several years. My introduction to Book
        making was the Jack Thompson and Gary Frost workshops in Idaho, and the new
        book fills in the spaces in my knowlege admirably.

        I have not yet been able to access this list's archives on the
        topic, but will continue to try, if you re-send me the instructions.

        You said
        >I just had this new book sent to me to check over, and I thought I'd share
        >it with you all. The only drawback to this book is its price, which is about
        >$150. The Book is The Archaeology of Medieval Bookbinding_, by J. A.
        >Szirmai,>Aldershot and Vermont: Ashgate Pub., 1999ISBN is 0859679047).

        By the way that's $225 Canadian.

        Yours in Service

        Aelana Cordovera, AA, J de L, Golden Swan,M I,
        Northern Region Arts and Sciences Minister

        Life in the slow lane is rich and full.

        Honesty is not a crime.
        Godyth of Goosefoot Mead