Re: [medieval-leather] Re: Gilding- How to cut the gold lea

  • Prince, John
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 4:05 PM
      > Interesting. I've never seen it adhering to a
      > backing. The leaf that I use comes in small 'books'
      > with a thin sheet of tissue between each leaf of gold.
      >
      > Gefjon

      If you have it in this form try using wax paper to move it to where
      you wish to apply it. Just press the wax paper onto the leaf. The leaf
      will adhere to the paper, then apply the leaf to the area you
      wish to gild. Only that area which has been sized will "take" the
      leaf, the rest should remain on the paper. Easier than using a knife
      I've found.

      Conchobhar