[medieval-leather] Re: chinese leather and armor

  • jamesahowell@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 1999
      > does anyone know of any english references for Chinese leatherwork?
      I'm
      > working on a suit of Chinese armor from the 200 BC era, but I'm also
      > looking for more period work. any clues?

      You might try Osprey's_Ancient Chinese Armies_ (# 218). I believe that
      a lot of the Chinese leather .armor was lacquered. Also, George Cameron
      Stone's _A Glossary on the Construction, Decoration and Use of Arms and
      Armor..._.
      It goes in and out of print-I don't know if any one is currently printing
      it or not.
      Regards, James