[medieval-leather] The Museum Of Leathercraft

  • Gregory Stapleton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:24 PM
      Hey, Everyone! :)
      I think I've finally tracked the museum down. Here's what the page says:

      The Museum of Leathercraft is one of the most prestigious collections of
      Leather artefacts in Britain. The Museum currently has a collection of over
      6,000 items made wholly or partly of leather spanning all periods and
      cultures. We also have representative examples of the hand-tools and
      industrial machinery used in the leather trades, and an extensive library of
      books and other printed materials.

      Viewed together it is probably the the single most important collection in
      Britain - of interest to both the casual visitor and general enquirer,
      whilst the leather workers, designers and trade of today will find the
      Museum a valuable resource of ideas and inspiration for their work.

      The Museum Of leathercraft collection is currently in the care of
      Northampton Borough Council and a gallery in the Central museum displays
      some of the most significant and interesting items. The reserve collections
      and the library are available for study by prior appointment.

      Gregory Stapleton

      http://www.leatheruk.com/leathercraft.htm