[medieval-leather] Re: There's a New Magazine for Reenactors.

  • esf5 -user
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 1999
      Send reply to: medieval-leather@egroups.com
      Date sent: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:44:19 -0400
      From: rmhowe <magnusm@...>
      To: sca-arts@...
      Subject: [medieval-leather] There's a New Magazine for Reenactors.

      > Master Magnus Malleus, OL, Atlantia, Great Dark Horde.
      > wrote:

      > First off, I am not affiliated in any way with this magazine.
      >
      > However, this week I got a preview magazine from England that
      > most of you haven't seen. It's about various reenactor groups
      > (in Europe) and what they are up to. The time range
      > covers Roman to WWII and at least the first issue (current)
      > is very heavy on the medieval era and its reenactor groups.
      > The thing is full of one to three page color articles on them.
      >
      > It's called Revival and is similar is size to a Tournaments
      > Illuminated but with slick finish and photographs.
      >
      > The one dopey thing I noticed about it is that it lacks websites
      > for most of the groups and merchants, even though I know that
      > a lot of those groups and merchants have them. [..]
      >
      > Other relevant groups covered are The Vikings - Norse Film and
      > Pageant Society, [..]

      Aha, this says something about the magazine's contacting of
      websites: we are now called "The Vikings - celtic, norman, saxon
      and viking re-enactment". But apart from that, I will surely look out
      for this interesting magazine. Thanks for the information.

      Arno Luyendijk/Eldir Asmundsson

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/medieval-leather