[medieval-leather] Citations

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 1999
      I. Marc Carlson wrote:

      > Having said that, there are several Novgorod designs that look like they might
      > be useful to you. I'll try to remember to dig out the citations for you.
      >
      > Marc

      O Master of Infinite Databases: (Okay, so it's a suckup.)

      Might you include the OCLC numbers as well on your citations?
      My wife the University Cataloger is having fits on some of the last
      books you cited. (Translation: She can't find them.) It would make
      life here much more civilized. Also I think some folks may be having
      trouble differentiating between an article in the books and the title
      of the books, most probably in a series. When in foreign languages
      it is hard to tell. Also it apparently would make it cheaper as OCLC
      apparently has upped it's rates for searches for libraries.

      Magnus, being a pain, I know, I know.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/medieval-leather
    • I. Marc Carlson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 1999
        <rmhowe <magnusm@...>>
        >O Master of Infinite Databases: (Okay, so it's a suckup.)
        >Might you include the OCLC numbers as well on your citations?

        Considering the fact that at least one of the Novgorod articles
        is in Russian and nearly took an act of God for the ILL staff to
        track it down here, I'll be happy to.

        >My wife the University Cataloger is having fits on some of the last
        >books you cited. (Translation: She can't find them.)

        Which ones?

        > It would make
        >life here much more civilized. Also I think some folks may be having
        >trouble differentiating between an article in the books and the title
        >of the books, most probably in a series. When in foreign languages
        >it is hard to tell. Also it apparently would make it cheaper as OCLC
        >apparently has upped it's rates for searches for libraries.

        I will certainly try to distinguish between monographic series, book
        chapters, and so forth. These things are often difficult to distinguish
        even in English.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 1999
          I. Marc Carlson wrote:

          > <rmhowe <magnusm@...>>
          > >O Master of Infinite Databases: (Okay, so it's a suckup.)
          > >Might you include the OCLC numbers as well on your citations?
          >
          > Considering the fact that at least one of the Novgorod articles
          > is in Russian and nearly took an act of God for the ILL staff to
          > track it down here, I'll be happy to.
          >
          > >My wife the University Cataloger is having fits on some of the last
          > >books you cited. (Translation: She can't find them.)
          >
          > Which ones?
          >
          > > It would make
          > >life here much more civilized. Also I think some folks may be having
          > >trouble differentiating between an article in the books and the title
          > >of the books, most probably in a series. When in foreign languages
          > >it is hard to tell. Also it apparently would make it cheaper as OCLC
          > >apparently has upped it's rates for searches for libraries.
          >
          > I will certainly try to distinguish between monographic series, book
          > chapters, and so forth. These things are often difficult to distinguish
          > even in English.
          >
          > Marc

          Göpfrich, Jutta: "Romische Lederfunde Aus Mainz" (Sonderdruck Aus dem
          Saalburg-Jahrbuch 42), Mainz Am Rhein: Verlag Philipp Von Zabern, 1986.

          van Driel-Murray, Carol: "Roman Footwear: A Mirror of Fashion and
          Society"
          Recent Research in Archaeological Footwear (Association of
          Archaeological
          Illustrators & Surveyors, Technical Paper no.8) 1987

          I *think* those are the ones. But then I've got her after a half
          dozen at the moment.

          Magnus

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 1999
            < rmhowe <magnusm@...>>
            >G�pfrich, Jutta: "Romische Lederfunde Aus Mainz" (Sonderdruck Aus dem
            > Saalburg-Jahrbuch 42), Mainz Am Rhein: Verlag Philipp Von Zabern, 1986.

            This one's not on OCLC. It's available from the Ledermuseum in Offenbach.

            >van Driel-Murray, Carol: "Roman Footwear: A Mirror of Fashion and
            >Society"
            > Recent Research in Archaeological Footwear (Association of
            >Archaeological
            > Illustrators & Surveyors, Technical Paper no.8) 1987

            #26283257

            >I *think* those are the ones. But then I've got her after a half
            >dozen at the moment.

            Okie dokie.

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/medieval-leather