[medieval-leather] Anglo-Scandinavian Scoh

  • Uilliam@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 1999
      Greetings all,

      I recently aquired two nice veg tanned goat skins and would like to use them
      to make a pair or two of Anglo-Scandinavian (type 4) shoes (Marc's
      identification). The leather is 1-2 mm thick. Any tips, tricks, crans any of
      you would like to pass along before I start to cut this stuff up would be
      appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Uilliam

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/medieval-leather
    • I. Marc Carlson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 1999
        < Uilliam@...>
        >I recently aquired two nice veg tanned goat skins and would like to use them
        >to make a pair or two of Anglo-Scandinavian (type 4) shoes (Marc's
        >identification)...

        Actually, I got the identification/typology for those from Ian.

        For the record, the A-S type 4 is the *second* most popular shoe style at
        that site.

        > The leather is 1-2 mm thick. Any tips, tricks, crans any of
        >you would like to pass along before I start to cut this stuff up would be
        >appreciated.

        Top Bands are well worth the effort, and people like the "more finished" look
        they give shoes.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 1999

          <<Actually, I got the identification/typology for those from Ian.

          Thanks for the clarafication and thank you Ian.

          For the record, the A-S type 4 is the *second* most popular shoe style at
          that site.

          > The leather is 1-2 mm thick. Any tips, tricks, crans any of
          >you would like to pass along before I start to cut this stuff up would be
          >appreciated.

          Top Bands are well worth the effort, and people like the "more finished" look
          they give shoes.

          Marc

          Haven't tried top bands yet. Just been doing the binding stitch over (around)
          the edge (which works quite well BTW). Any suggestion for leather to use or
          means of applying?