New archaeological find: HORSE trappings!

  • Robert Huff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
      This just came across an S.C.A. mailing list; I post it so
      those who want may bookmark it/inquire further.

      > Once cleaned up this became soooo amazing:
      > http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/rubicons-best-find/
      >
      > For the equestrian groupies out there. Also they have found a lot
      > of other LEATHER goods intact, including shoes and such.

      Diego Mundoz
    • James Barker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
        This made its way around a year or so ago as a belt; I said right away that is no belt with those fittings. I am glad they updated it a couple of months ago.

        James

        > To: medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com
        > From: roberthuff@...
        > Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:08:10 -0400
        > Subject: [medieval-leather] New archaeological find: HORSE trappings!
        >

        > This just came across an S.C.A. mailing list; I post it so
        > those who want may bookmark it/inquire further.
        >
        > > Once cleaned up this became soooo amazing:
        > > http://www.dayofarchaeology.com/rubicons-best-find/
        > >
        > > For the equestrian groupies out there. Also they have found a lot
        > > of other LEATHER goods intact, including shoes and such.
        >

        > Diego Mundoz

      • tim foat
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
          I remember someone posted it and asking myself , why does it have a buckle on both ends if its a belt?

          Tim