an other question

  • pierborga
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2012
      AVE OMNES
      Here are two photos (I put in the same album of Theophilus) from archeological digging in a lake (Lac Paladrù) in french alpes.
      (Archeologie Medievale, X (1980) pp.167-270; M.Collardelle, "L'habitat medieval immergè de Collettiere a Charavines".)
      The hammer (said the author) is very similar to hammer used by saddlers.
      There is a normal knife, a shoe, a sole and remnants of shoemaking.
      And there is this curious tool with double blade: author says it's a knife for stripping the flesh (with the two blade on long sides) and for greasing (the blunt blade on the semicircular point).
      Did you have ever seen or used something?
      (datation of objects: XI century)
      thanks again for every answer or suggestion