Re: Seeking info. Spur leathers

  • Erik
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
      Yes the section is specifically describing Spur Leathers (stirrups come later)... which is what has intrigued me on this...

      one quote:

      "The degree of decoration on some of these items exceeds that on the small number of identified spur straps from excavations. The present straps also include some that are wider than any others which have so far been identified with spurs. While these points do not invalidate the identification, they reinforce the impression that these particular straps were not ordinary workaday items but from some wealthier backgrounds in which ostentation was important."

      ├ćiric