Medieval Dice Cups

  • Ben Arnold
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      Thank you all for your suggestions.  A dice cup really is a miniature version of
      a flagon, just without a handle and not needing to be waterproof.  I've made
      those, so I should be able to take all your suggestions, along with the designs
      I've seen on the 'net and do a fine job.

      I really do want them to look much like those made centuries ago and I
      particularly like the one designed in a conic shape, with the narrow end being
      the base.  Since I intend to emboss the reunion information on them, I would
      want to experiment with getting the letters straight once the cup was put
      together.  I don't want to see them end up in a curve across the side.

      When I made my various drinking vessels, I made them about three-quarters actual
      size, since I had no desire to actually use them and I didn't use up so much
      leather on a hobby.

      I've seen some with wooden bases, which I suppose are glued onto the leather
      sides.  I have not decided whether I want to use a leather or a wood base, but
      most seemed to be leather.

      Again, thank you all for your ideas.  I've cut and pasted them to a word
      document and printed it out for future reference.

      Ben Arnold
      Ft. Lauderdale
       "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor
      Hardin