Trenchet

  • DavidM
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
      Hello,

      As part of our reenactment (1376 England), I currently have been making
      & learning how to make turn shoes. I was researching some of the tools
      that were used back then. Our reenactment is part of education as well.
      Has anyone seen these types of knives? That is, other than the
      half-moon one (modern).

      I am hoping to either purchase one or have one made. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      David

    • Ginny Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
        A friend of mine is a knife maker and blacksmith, and made one for a
        leatherworker we know. Drop me an email off-list and I can send you a photo of
        it. I highly recommend his work.

        Ginny