Re: hello to all

  • Lady Czina Angielczyka
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
      Greetings!

      I can't agree more with Timothy. I have seen experts in the (modern) leatherworking field using expert tools - but I've seen those same experts in awe of an old Mexican-American saddlemaker who made his tools with a dremel and carriage bolts, stamped on an old tombstone with a misspelled name, and had to 'build in' stamping errors, because his basketweave was so good it looked like it was done by machine.

      If you're a good leatherworker, the quality of the tools won't hold you back - and if you're a mediocre leatherworker, expensive, high-end tools won't teach you the skills to get better.

      Czina