streatly stitch

  • mditmurier
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7 4:37 PM
      Does anyone know how to do this stitch? Making a pair of breeches adn
      this is called for?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8 5:38 PM
        At 07:37 PM 2/7/2009, you wrote:
        >Does anyone know how to do this stitch? Making a pair of breeches adn
        >this is called for?

        streatley stitch?

        That's a glover's stitch, generally, but I could see it's utility in
        other garment sewing.

        It' kinda hard to describe. It's a combination of backstitch and an
        overcast stitch, and you end up with that characteristic x pattern to
        the stitches. The underside will look like a series of z
        shapes. You go underside on the diagonals and over top on the straights.

      • Leslie Cox
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9 5:59 AM
          If this description is correct, pictures of a modern cross-stitch
          (embroidery) technique may be very helpful...

          Done in a particular way, the back does look like that.

          -- Leslie