Leather punches decorative

  • Melanie Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
      Hello everyone

      Long time no chat, anyhow does anyone know of a supplier of decorative
      leather punches, eg stars, etc to make holes not indentations.

      Thanks

      Mel
    • GrimaldR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
        Check out Hide Crafter leather Company. They have several decorative
        punches.

        _www.hidecrafter.com_ (http://www.hidecrafter.com)

        listings at AOL Autos.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
          At 05:52 AM 4/29/2008, Melwrote:
          >Hello everyone
          >
          >Long time no chat, anyhow does anyone know of a supplier of decorative
          >leather punches, eg stars, etc to make holes not indentations.

          What you actually need to search/ask for are "filigree
          punches". Typically, they are designed for somewhat light leather
          4-5 oz or less.

          If you websearch using that phrase, you will find a few suppliers.

        • Rob Schneider
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
            Also known as pinking punches.

            Drake

            >Long time no chat, anyhow does anyone know of a supplier of decorative
            >leather punches, eg stars, etc to make holes not indentations.

            What you actually need to search/ask for are "filigree
            punches". Typically, they are designed for somewhat light leather
            4-5 oz or less.

            If you websearch using that phrase, you will find a few suppliers.

            Ron Charlotte -- Gainesville, FL
            ronch2@bellsouth. net OR afn03234@afn. org

          • Neil Carr
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
              Paper punches made for scrapbooking are also useful for the thinner
              garment leathers, as they are made to go through card.
              Also, they come in an impressive variety of shapes.

              Is someone looking to duplicate the Arnold "page's jerkin", by any chance?
              Neil

              Ron Charlotte wrote:

              > At 05:52 AM 4/29/2008, Melwrote:
              > >Hello everyone
              > >
              > >Long time no chat, anyhow does anyone know of a supplier of decorative
              > >leather punches, eg stars, etc to make holes not indentations.
              >
              > What you actually need to search/ask for are "filigree
              > punches". Typically, they are designed for somewhat light leather
              > 4-5 oz or less.

            • Melanie Wilson
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
                > What you actually need to search/ask for are "filigree
                > punches".

                Thanks right phrase always helps :)

                Mel
              • Melanie Wilson
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
                  > Paper punches made for scrapbooking are also useful for the thinner
                  > garment leathers,

                  Oh they work ? I did wonder & they are cheap to get hold of too, not a
                  bad idea as I'll not be using them for loads of work.

                  > Is someone looking to duplicate the Arnold "page's jerkin", by any
                  chance?

                  Something along those lines, good guess ;)

                  Thanks

                  Mel