Bibliographic information for The Plictho of Gioanventura Rosetti

  • Alasdair Muckart
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2007
      Hi All,

      I'm trying to track down full bibliographic information for The Plictho of
      Gioanventura Rosetti, or even just the ISBN so I can try and interloan a
      copy.

      Google gets two hits, both to the same document for it, and abebooks.com
      doesn't seem to know about it at all.

      Thanks in advance.
      --
      Al.
    • Rowena Foss
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2007
        Ah the joy of University Libraries.

        Sydney Uni has it in storage.
        Details as below, but no ISBN :)

        Library url is http://www.library.usyd.edu.au

        Search under Plictho as keyword.

        Your name sounds vaguely familiar from the shambles. If you can't get hold
        of it and are coming to Rowany Festival let me know.

        Description xxxvi, 199 p. illus., facsims. 28 cm. Edition Translation of the
        1st ed. of 1548, by Sidney M. Edelstein and Hector C. Borghetty. Note Facsim.
        of the 1548 Italian ed. (p. 1-86) Bibliography Includes bibliographical
        references. Author Rosetti, Giovanventura, fl.
        1530-1548.<http://opac.library.usyd.edu.au/search/aRosetti%2C+Giovanventura%2C+fl.+1530-1548./arosetti+giovanventura+fl+1530+1548/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
        Subject Dyes and
        dyeing.<http://opac.library.usyd.edu.au/search/dDyes+and+dyeing./ddyes+and+dyeing/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
        Other
        Author Edelstein, Sidney
        M.<http://opac.library.usyd.edu.au/search/aEdelstein%2C+Sidney+M./aedelstein+sidney+m/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
        Borghetty, Hector
        C.<http://opac.library.usyd.edu.au/search/aBorghetty%2C+Hector+C./aborghetty+hector+c/-3,-1,0,B/browse>

        --
        In the past, pagans sacrificed animals and even humans in vain attempts to
        placate capricious and cruel gods. Today they demand a reduction in carbon

      • Sir David Vavreck
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2007
          The University of Minnesota has:

          Rosetti, Gioanventura, fl. 1530-1548.
          The Plictho; instructions in the art of the dyers
          which teaches the dyeing of woolen cloths, linens,
          cottons, and silk by the great art as well as by the
          common.
          Translation of the 1st ed. of 1548, by Sidney M.
          Edelstein and Hector C. Borghetty.
          Cambridge, M.I.T. Press [1969]
          xxxvi, 199 p. illus., facsims. 28 cm.

          No ISBN listed, but I hope this helps.

          --- Alasdair Muckart <silver@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I'm trying to track down full bibliographic
          > information for The Plictho of
          > Gioanventura Rosetti, or even just the ISBN so I can
          > try and interloan a copy.
          >
          > Google gets two hits, both to the same document for
          > it, and abebooks.com
          > doesn't seem to know about it at all.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          > --
          > Al.

          Be a PS3 game guru.
        • Alasdair Muckart
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2007
            On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Sir David Vavreck wrote:
            > The University of Minnesota has:
            >
            > Rosetti, Gioanventura, fl. 1530-1548.
            > The Plictho; instructions in the art of the dyers
            > which teaches the dyeing of woolen cloths, linens,
            > cottons, and silk by the great art as well as by the
            > common.
            > Translation of the 1st ed. of 1548, by Sidney M.
            > Edelstein and Hector C. Borghetty.
            > Cambridge, M.I.T. Press [1969]
            > xxxvi, 199 p. illus., facsims. 28 cm.
            >
            > No ISBN listed, but I hope this helps.

            It does indeed. Many thanks.

            --
            Al.
          • Bonnie Murray
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22, 2007
              Hi
              the ISBN are:
              ISBN-10: 0-262-18030-8
              ISBN-13: 978-0-262-18030-6

              There were two editions: one regular and one deluxe, both out of print.
              Hope this helps
              Bon

              --
              We are not humans having a spiritual experience. We are spirits having a
              human experience

            • Lady Czina Angielczyka
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2007
                The UC system in California has several copies of the book. My
                archival copy is from UC Riverside.

                There's no ISBN listed, but the Library of Congress catalog number is:
                68-18235.

                The link to the UC system is:

                http://melvyl.cdlib.org/F/HLJTIFGMEJA6DJIAS166QUQX3I92YTERKCIAKQD4K96PEB7V1I-07035?func=full-set-set&set_number=017511&set_entry=000001&format=999

                If it breaks funny - the melvyl.cdlib.org address will get you to the
                main page, and a search of 'plictho' will get you the info.

                Hope this helps,

                Czina Angielczyka

                --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, Alasdair Muckart <silver@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22, 2007
                  At 12:02 AM 3/22/2007, Al wrote:

                  >On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Sir David Vavreck wrote:
                  > > The University of Minnesota has:
                  > >
                  > > Rosetti, Gioanventura, fl. 1530-1548.
                  > > The Plictho; instructions in the art of the dyers
                  > > which teaches the dyeing of woolen cloths, linens,
                  > > cottons, and silk by the great art as well as by the
                  > > common.
                  > > Translation of the 1st ed. of 1548, by Sidney M.
                  > > Edelstein and Hector C. Borghetty.
                  > > Cambridge, M.I.T. Press [1969]
                  > > xxxvi, 199 p. illus., facsims. 28 cm.
                  > >
                  > > No ISBN listed, but I hope this helps.
                  >
                  >It does indeed. Many thanks.

                  There's no ISBN, but it does have a Library of Congress
                  number: Rosetti, Gioanventura; The Plictho, 1548; Trans. By Sidney
                  M. Edelstein & Hector C. Borghetty; 1969, The MIT Press, Cambridge,
                  MA (LOC#: 68-18235)

                • Alasdair Muckart
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22, 2007
                    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Alasdair Muckart wrote:
                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > I'm trying to track down full bibliographic information for The Plictho of
                    > Gioanventura Rosetti, or even just the ISBN so I can try and interloan a
                    > copy.

                    Many thanks to everyone who replied to this, on and off list.

                    --
                    Al.