Re: CA article

  • Matthew Martsolf
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
      Saint Phlip,

      How about a nice pair of kids sized bracers for the article. You
      could even do a template - size your own - type pattern for it. Would
      only require having a pair of scissors and something to make holes
      with. They can easily be made from scrap leather. They could also be
      decorated very easily by children with marker, dye or paint.

      Mathius

      --- In medieval-leather@yahoogroups.com, "Saint Phlip" <phlip@...> wrote:

      > I've just been asked to write an article for the Creative Anachronist.
      > Basicly what they want is a project for kids, that they can make at
      > home with reasonably accessible materials. Unfortunately, I don't have
      > any references here, other than Swords and Scabbards. Thinking that
      > that might not be an ideal project for kids ;-) I was wondering what
      > sources you guys might suggest that I could use to make them a pouch.
      > I would prefer to use on-line resources, since the deadline is fairly
      > close, and ILL takes a while, unless any of you guys have stuff you'd
      > be willing to scan for me.
      >
      > --
      > Saint Phlip
      >
      > Heat it up
      > Hit it hard
      > Repent as necessary.
      >
      > Priorities:
      >
      > It's the smith who makes the tools, not the tools which make the smith.

    • Matthew Martsolf
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
        Ello,

        An even easier project would be children's bracers/armguards. I have
        a basic pattern that I use but the pattern can also be scaled up or
        down depending on the child. The only tools need are something to cut
        with and something to make holes with. They can then be personalized
        by stamping or painting. The top edge can also have designs cut into it.

        _____ _________ ________measure around wrist
        I /o o\
        I /o o\
        I /o o\