New Robin Hood Series on BBC America

  • mmagnusol
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      A new Robin Hood Series on BBC America comes on
      Saturdays at 9-10 pm eastern standard time.

      In my area Time-Warner Cablevision carries BBCAm
      on channel 116. Check your local area's listings.

      http://www.bbcamerica.com/
      http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp

      On this one Robin Hood returns from the Crusades
      to find his people put upon. So it could be the first one.
      I saw it in week before last's TV Guide. Kevin Costner
      is not in it. Maybe this one will be good. :-)

      Now, if you do not subscribe buy a six pack and go displace
      your bestest buddy in his chair and take over the remote.

      Now, having told everyone else, watch me forget to watch it.
      It was what got most of us in the reenactor interest - at least
      us old ones.

      Magnus, OL
      Great Barony of Windmasters' Hill [East Central NC, USA]
      Adria, the Manx, Great Dark Horde, Archer-Antiquaries.
    • Colin Middleton
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
        If it's the one the BBC showed in the UK rescently, the it's pretty poor. The plot's pretty heavy handed, characters unexciting and the costumes look like they've been picked up round prague high streets, rather than bought for the show. And to make matters worse, Robin looks like a reject from Oasis and Guy of Guisbourn is almost as endearing.

        Robin of Sherwood was a much better series.

        Colin

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
          I personally liked "when things were rotten" myself.

          Tarrach

          On 3/3/07, Colin Middleton <cmiddleton@...> wrote:

          > If it's the one the BBC showed in the UK rescently, the it's pretty
          > poor. The plot's pretty heavy handed, characters unexciting and the costumes
          > look like they've been picked up round prague high streets, rather than
          > bought for the show. And to make matters worse, Robin looks like a reject
          > from Oasis and Guy of Guisbourn is almost as endearing.
          >
          > Robin of Sherwood was a much better series.
          >
          > Colin

        • Helen Leaf
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
            Yes, but it's so cheesy, it's fantastic entertainment... bizarre concepts of
            'medieval' costumes, battle scarred soldier in medieval combat trousers
            followed by Saladin's hit squad of cat-suited ninja babes, Robin wearing
            jeans and a hoodie, Guy in some odd leather number, I mean, some of the
            stories are just so funny, it's worth putting the phone off the hook and
            getting a good cup of tea for what has to be the funniest highlight of the
            tv week! I think it should be called 'Robin of cheesewood' - big shame it's
            not authentic, but I'll definitely be watching the next series.

            > If it's the one the BBC showed in the UK rescently, the it's
            >pretty poor. The plot's pretty heavy handed, characters unexciting and the
            >costumes look like they've been picked up round prague high streets, rather
            >than bought for the show. And to make matters worse, Robin looks like a
            >reject from Oasis and Guy of Guisbourn is almost as endearing.
            >
            >Robin of Sherwood was a much better series.

            Upload 500 photos a month & blog with your Messenger buddies on Windows Live
            Spaces. Get yours now, FREE! http://specials.uk.msn.com/spaces/default.aspx